Jobs to Be Done Workshop for Startups
- Is your team struggling to understand your customers’ needs?
- Are you unsure of which features to build next?
- Do you have a product idea you need to validate or design?
- Are you struggling to get actionable insights from customer interviews?
You’re not alone.
Have you discovered Jobs to Be Done but still find yourself struggling to prepare and conduct customer interviews for a JTBD project?
- Are you struggling to make JTBD theory practical?
- Are you confused about how to define your customers’ JTBD?
- Are you unsure which flavor of JTBD to implement?
- Are you uncertain about how to conduct a JTBD customer interview?
My Jobs to Be Done Workshop will jumpstart your team's product process
Empower your team to:
- Discover opportunities for innovation in new and existing products.
- Create targeted marketing messages that address your customers' core Job to Be Done.
- Find alignment and create a common understanding across silos and functions.
- Understand how to translate customer interviews into Jobs to Be Done statements.
- Develop an action plan to put your insights to work.
Your onsite workshop will cover:
Session 1: An Intro to the Jobs to Be Done Framework
Introduction to Jobs Theory, the major players and influencers, and a description of the multiple flavors and approaches to JTBD.
Session 2: What is a Job to Be Done?
Exercises designed to help practitioners identify and create well-defined examples of a Job to Be Done.
Session 3: Researching Desired Outcomes vs Switching
Exercises designed to introduce students to the differences between interview techniques that focus on customers' desired outcomes vs. the forces at play when they "hire" or "fire" your product.
Session 4: Outcome-based Interviews
An introduction to an outcome-based technique to discover the steps within a Job to Be Done.
Session 5: Analyzing Outcome-based Interviews
Understanding, analyzing, and acting on the information collected from Outcome-based Jobs to Be Done Interviews.
Session 6: Switch Interviews
An introduction to Switch interviews to uncover the forces of progress your customers experience during the hiring/firing process.
Session 7: Analyzing Switch Interviews
Understanding, analyzing, and acting on the information collected from Jobs to Be Done Switch Interviews.
Session 8: JTBD and Disruptive Innovation
An overview of Clayton Christensen's theory of disruption, how it relates to JTBD, and how your team can apply these principles to your business.
Session 9: Action Plan
Exercises to develop an Action Plan for innovation based on all the insights uncovered in the previous sessions.
How it works
- We'll schedule a discovery call to understand your specific objectives and goals.
- Find mutually available dates to schedule the 1.5-day workshop.
- I'll send a follow-up email outlining the goals we discussed to confirm alignment.
- If needed, we can schedule additional team introductions via Zoom prior to onsite.
- Workshop delivered onsite at the location of your choice.
Discovery call agenda
- Discuss the challenges you’re facing and the progress you’d like to make.
- Cover any potential obstacles or special circumstances your team is facing.
- Dig into most pressing topics and concerns.
- Identify and agree on optimal next steps.
To schedule a free consultation and decide if the workshop is right for you, complete the form and I'll be in touch soon.